Pages

Serving Jesus with Intensive Care Ministries Russia, spreading revival through teaching Inductive Bible Study Seminars, starting churches, working with orphans and at risk kids to build a stronger church in Russia.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Welcoming American Missionaries to the Light of Hope Center

Last week I was blessed to be able to welcome some of my American brothers and sisters here to the Light of Hope Center. The group consisted of five women, three of which were high schoolers, and two men. They are part of a ministry that has been heavily supporting the Light of Hope Center, as well as many orphanages and centers similar to ours in the Vologda Region.

It was fun to see as a mission group come to the Center to work with the kids, not expecting to encounter another American. At first I was a little shy, I am not sure why, (oops that rhymed) to speak English with them. But after I quickly got over that, I was glad to get to know the team, ask them questions and help them minister here in our city. They did a marvelous job sharing the love of Christ with the kids with a number of interesting crafts and activities, along with some very good testimonies. I was blessed to watch as they shared their hearts with the kids. I .enjoyed watching the kids as they warmed up team and got excited to be involved in the different games and activities. It can be hard to get these kids to open their hearts, which is why I think it is good for missionaries to come, to love them and reach into their hearts with the love of Jesus. We can use all the help we can get to reach these kids

I just want to thank the team that came from Philadelphia to share the gospel with our kids. We were blessed to have them here and encouraged to see the kids hear the gospel. I encourage those who read about and support me, and ICM Russia, to please keep these kids in prayer, and the team. Pray that we would have the wisdom and power to continue sharing Jesus with these kids. Also pray for missionaries as they go to strange countries, sharing their lives, finances, and love with those that need Jesus.


click here to see more pictures

1 comment:

  1. I have talked to two ladies so far, one that was raised in Mexico and the other that grew up in Belize that said they are Christians now because American missionaries came to do camps and spend time with them as children. So what these guys are doing does work. It can make a huge difference in a child's life!

    ReplyDelete