Pages

Serving Jesus with Intensive Care Ministries Russia, spreading revival through teaching Inductive Bible Study Seminars, starting churches, working with orphans and at risk kids to build a stronger church in Russia.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Teaching English

One way I can best help the team here in Russia is simply by knowing English. We work a lot with missionaries from English speaking countries and of course the language barrier always is a problem. Before I left for America I was teaching English, not only to the team, but to a group of people on Saturdays. But now on the visa that I am on I am not allowed to work and I have to wait till I get my temporary residency to be able to make money teaching. Because of this I was not able to teach the whole group, but I decided to teach just the ICM team for free. We have been meeting in the mornings twice a week at the Light of Hope Center. So far it has been a joy teaching this group. They all are eager and willing to learn, especially my newest student Sveta, not to be confused with my fiancĂ©, there are enough Sveta’s in Russia to populate a small country. She is a little behind the other students, but makes up for it with excitement, eagerness to learn and fearless determination. I am confident that in a year or so the team will be able to speak English, at least well enough to hold a simple conversation. I might eventually start an English movie night club to help give them practice.

I would not say that I English is the reason I am here in Russia, but I do plan on using it to glorify God. When I can I would like to start working and use the money I make to live so that I can use my support only for ministry, to maybe try to start English outreaches, and help integrate ICM Russia with the English speaking world.

No comments:

Post a Comment