Pages

Serving Jesus with Intensive Care Ministries Russia, spreading revival through teaching Inductive Bible Study Seminars, starting churches, working with orphans and at risk kids to build a stronger church in Russia.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Weekend in Cherepovets


Last weekend I was blessed to take another trip to Cherepovets. I did not go to work with the shelter or orphanages this time, but to try to get some things planned and fellowship with the team there. Igor wanted to talk with the pastor of his church to see if we could use his building to do some lessons there. We were able to talk to him a little after church and he said we might be able to do that. Igor wanted to show me the apartment that I would be living in there too, but we didn't have time, however he assures me that there is room there to do lessons if we have to. We are really getting excited about doing this and getting this project started!
The trip wasn't all business of course. There were two girls visiting from a nearby city that have been involved with the shelter project. So of course we all had to hang out. It was great, we all piled into Olga and Igor's little car; I had to sit in the back because I was one too many. It was ok, I didn't mind and I only had to hide from the police once. We all went to lunch at a place that we eat at often on our mission trips, called the Stump. Then we went and took pictures in a park, it was a beautiful day and the sun was out, but man it was wicked cold! We hung out at Igor's place till we all went to Andrey's mom's house where we had fellowship, tea and homemade perogies. I was able to follow some of the conversation, and if asked a direct question I could sort of figure it out, however I did get a little frustrated, for lack of a better word, because I couldn't really communicate. I didn't show it though, I just got real quiet. At the end of the night I was so tired I could hardly talk in English let alone Russian. I can not wait to be able to jump right in and be part of the group, I can tell that the fellowship that they have it close and full of Love!! And the fact that they are so willing to accept me in the group and try to make me a part of everything is very encouraging to me and a huge reason that I a feel such a big desire to live in Cherepovets. I really believe that the Lord is working and moving in this group, and I am blessed to get to be a part of it! Please join me in praying for this group and the work that we will be doing, and that the Lord will provide a way for me to get moved out there and be part of the group. There is so much fruit waiting to be reaped in Russia like in Joh 4:35 - Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment