Pages

Serving Jesus with Intensive Care Ministries Russia, spreading revival through teaching Inductive Bible Study Seminars, starting churches, working with orphans and at risk kids to build a stronger church in Russia.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Getting to Spending Some More Time in Cherepovets


I was glad to be able to spend some real time at the Shelter in Cherepovets this last week. We had a great time playing uno, simple computer games, and getting used to each other. The kids and I were shy at first, but soon we were communicating in whatever way we could. Some even took it upon themselves to teach me a little Russian, which gave me opportunity to teach them some English. Igor has a pretty good idea to try to teach them English from a children’s bible, but I think it is best to earn their trust and build relationships first. This being the first time I got to really see the kids in their own environment, this was sort of an eye opening experience. What really hit me was how hard these kids really are. I don’t really blame them; I can’t even imagine what they go through at home every day. Oddly this did not discourage me in the least, but impressed on me how much these kids need Jesus and how important the work there really is. I believe the Lord can do great things, if only we are willing to be used by him. I just hope that I am able to help instill a love for Jesus in their hearts. I believe if they can see Jesus working in me and the rest of the team then that is when they will really be affected. I would ask that you keep these kids in prayer and for us that the Lord would do a work in our lives so we can add more to his kingdom. I desire even more to move to Cherepovets and get more involved in the ministry there!


The next four are of them trying to teach me some Russian :)


Andrew teaching them the power and importance of words, and the value of using good edifying words.



Hagning out having a good time.






2 comments:

  1. I can see that building relationships is important. It may take awhile to build their trust in you if they have been disappointed often already in their short lifetimes. That is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to teach them Mow? Everyone enjoys a good game of Mow. Seriously though your doing a great job...proud of you

    Garritt

    ReplyDelete