Pages

Serving Jesus with Intensive Care Ministries Russia, spreading revival through teaching Inductive Bible Study Seminars, starting churches, working with orphans and at risk kids to build a stronger church in Russia.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Exciting Times

It is amazing how fast time flies. These last two weeks have gone by at an incredible rate, and these last two months even faster. I have been real busy lately teaching English, which is good for hours. I have a private student now, his name is Sasha, and so far we are getting along great. I have also been covering Lisa's classes since she had to travel to renew her visa. Most of my time has been spent preparing lessons, teaching, preparing bible studies, and studying Russian. It is encouraging to me to see over all improvement. I am getting the hang of teaching English, and my lessons seem to be going over really well with the students, the are learning a lot, and at the same time having fun. I am figuring that if you just have fun with them they end up just speaking English and not over thinking what they want to say, I am also already seeing benefits from the training that I am doing with Lisa. And on the Russian front I am now able to hold simple conversation, communicate needs, and get around ask questions about bus routes, that sort of thing. I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel, but it is still a long ways away.
Igor and I are working on getting me established in Cherepovets. Igor's sister, Olga, has an apartment in Cherepovets that I can live in, so I already have a place to stay, all I need is work there. I have met with Lisa we are going to see if we can't figure something out. We are going to try to set up a small school with mostly private students, and Igor has an idea to set up training for nonnative English teachers in the Universities. Another thing we are working on is getting me permanent residency, much like the American Green Card, it will allow me to live in Russia and not have to get a visa, I will be able to come and go as I please, work, live and minister in Russia. In the long run it will be cheaper and less of a hassle, but at first it is going to take time, and a lot of paperwork. I will not be able to actually start the project for a little while, and it will take at least a year to go through the process. So we are have a lot of things to think, and pray about. It is all so daunting, but at the same time it is exciting to see God move, and see the opportunities that God is opening up to minister for his his name. I have no doubts that the Lord will reveal himself in all of the up and coming situations. I am excited to see it all play out.

1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me to realize that we have brothers and sisters all over the world-even if we don't speak the same language. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete