Pages

Serving Jesus with Intensive Care Ministries Russia, spreading revival through teaching Inductive Bible Study Seminars, starting churches, working with orphans and at risk kids to build a stronger church in Russia.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My First ICM Leaders Conference

It seems like in the last few months I have spent more time in cars, busses, trains, in tents and in a strange bed than I have in my own bed. I was not back from Finland more than four days before we were off to Moscow for the Annual ICM Conference. I arrived back in Russia just in time to meet Lewis and Adrian from Ireland. Lewis and Adrian are on the board of Light of Hope Children’s Shelter and have been working with Igor, Olga, and the team, coming to Russia every year for a board meeting, doing the conference, supporting us financially, and praying for us. I was immensely blessed to meet these guys. I have met very few people in my life who are such fun, Jesus loving, sincere, open, honest, and encouraging people.

This was my second time in Moscow and I was shocked by how different the experience was this time and the first time I was here in Russia three years ago. I am glad to say that I am really starting to feel at home and comfortable in Russia, and with Russians. I almost didn’t even notice the cold nature of the people in the metro and streets that shocked me so last time I was here. We had our conference in a small Seminary in Moscow with no more than 50 students attending there.

This conference was one of the best I have been too. The topic was being and discipling good leaders. Adrian and Lewis took us through a book Million Leaders Mandate by John C. Maxwell. I think that the book is a great book for today’s church, with a message that we all as Christians need to take to heart. I believe all of us at one time or in one way or another will have to be leaders, and we need to learn how to lead and grow the next generation to lead and grow leaders of the generation after them. Basically what the book teaches is discipleship. The main idea is to not just teach and feed people who just come to church sit and are not involved themselves. But to get more people involved in the work of the Kingdom of God. Not to get everyone into full time ministry but to get people actively involved in their own walk while helping and growing others in their walks. I was very moved by the teaching, even though my book was in Russian I was able to listen to them teach in English and try to follow along as best I could.

During the seminar I was also very glad to be able to get to know the rest of the people who are involved in there different ways with ICM. There are pastors and teachers all over Russia and the Former Soviet Union that support us, pray for us, and even teaching seminars. They make up a very great team of amazing brothers and sisters with amazing hearts. Every one of them is passionate for the Lord. Together we are working to train and teach pastors and the church how to grow in the word. It is our desire that through our combined efforts and the help of the Holy Spirit we will grow a generation of pastors and leaders, who will be able then train and teach the next generation, strengthening the church and spreading the gospel all over Russia. I believe this conference perfectly fits this vision and if applied is what we need to reach this goal.

I thank all of you who have been praying for and supporting me in my ministry, allowing me to be a part in this wonderful team. I am convinced that through our further efforts, my serving here with your support and prayer, we will be able to do great things for the Kingdom of God bringing glory to the name of Jesus Christ. I ask that you continue join me in ministry by praying for and support me and the team. I look forward to what the Lord has planned for us.



From left to right: Cergey, Igor, Anthony, Gor


Lewis....Ira

Abner with his son Arthur

Peter and Andrey

Andrey...Garik...Abner


Olga

The group at lunch

Cergey and Adrian




Sveta translating





click here to see more picutres

1 comment:

  1. How exciting, Nathaniel. I agree, the body of believers needs to be more active personally in becoming disciples and studying the word to show themselves approved and spurring each other on to maturity in Christ. We need to stop being dull of hearing and learning the elementary teachings of the kingdom over and over again, but grow into solid food and become teachers of the word. We need to become people who because of practice have our senses trained to discern good and evil. (Hebrews 5:11-14)

    ReplyDelete