Pages

Serving Jesus with Intensive Care Ministries Russia, spreading revival through teaching Inductive Bible Study Seminars, starting churches, working with orphans and at risk kids to build a stronger church in Russia.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

First English Class Was a Success

Last Saturday, the 12th of September, Igor and I had our first very successful English class. We had planned to start classes the first Saturday in September, but if you recall I was stuck in Finland and we had to postpone it. I was looking forward to it, because this is the first time I feel like I can actually do something that is of value here in Cherepovets. I am still prevented from doing so many things that would be of actual help here and often I feel more like a burden, only because I still do not speak Russian fluently. But as I witnessed during this last week when there were some missionaries here I realized how much it would help the whole team if they could speak English. It would broaden their sphere of influence and give them so much more opportunity, as well as make life much easier on Igor, Olga, Sveta, and myself when missionaries are in town.

Eleven people came to our morning class and three to our evening. Everyone was eager to learn and enjoyed learning how to ask for each other’s names, ask how are you, and how to respond. It is a little humorous which sounds they have trouble with, but I still think they have it easier than anyone learning Russian.

Igor and I are sharing the teaching time and covering for each other when one has to miss. It is interesting trying to teach together, and I have a lot to learn about teaching this language. We are working through a great book we found in St. Petersburg and with some help from the Lord soon we will have a fully equipped and dangerous mission team that can spread the words of Jesus throughout the world in more than one language. It is a huge privilege for me to be able to do this. We have a great group of students, and I am sure they will soon be speaking English better than I speak Russian.

1 comment:

  1. It will probably improve your Russian, too as you all learn to exchange thoughts and ideas.

    ReplyDelete