Pages

Serving Jesus with Intensive Care Ministries Russia, spreading revival through teaching Inductive Bible Study Seminars, starting churches, working with orphans and at risk kids to build a stronger church in Russia.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Week at the Shelter

My first week in Cherepovets has come and gone. Time goes so fast these days the past week feels no longer than a day or two. I am starting to get to know the kids individually and they are all starting to get to know me as Dyadya Nate. Dyadya is the Russian word for uncle, but it is used a lot like Mr. but a little more affectionate. It is what most kids call their elders. Right now I am mainly just a huge curiosity, and they love the fact that I don’t speak Russian very well. At least most of the time, when I don’t understand something they want to tell me or ask they can get kind of impatient, but for the most part it is part of the game for them. They ask me questions and try to teach me Russian words, it is a blast.

So far my main duty has been to help come up with and organize games. This has been fun, though I feel like I am not much of a help yet. I hope as time goes on and I understand how things work I will be a much bigger help. Also when I can speak Russian well enough to run the games then I will really be a great help, just to get the kids out to burn some energy. I would also like to start tying in little morals and messages with games, but that will definitely take time. Right now I just want to build good strong relationships with the kids.
My desire is to really pour the love of Jesus into these kids. I am just afraid of letting myself get in the way. I am just not sure how to poor out that love. I know I can’t do it on my own, so I am praying that Lord would continue to work on me and give me that love, so that it will just flow from Him to them. My flesh prevents me from doing so much, and doing things in my own strength really gets me nowhere. I am also asking that the Lord would prepare me to do what it is He has called me here to do. I am still wondering what exactly it is he has me here for. If it is just to work with these kids then I will pour my all into that, but I am seeking His grace and guidance, taking comfort in the promises of God that those who seek Him will find Him, and not to lean on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Amen





























2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! How can you not love these children?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouraging to read about what you get to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete