Pages

Serving Jesus with Intensive Care Ministries Russia, spreading revival through teaching Inductive Bible Study Seminars, starting churches, working with orphans and at risk kids to build a stronger church in Russia.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Home Group

I moved to Russia two years ago last September. During the first year I always struggled with the feeling that I was not doing anything. It seemed I was doing what I came to Russia for. I have since realized that I was in too much of a hurry. I have been learning the language and culture while getting established in Russia. This understanding has really helped me understand that I was not doing nothing, even if seemed like I could do more. I was very blessed when the opportunity finally came to do more.
Abner has been teaching a home-group study for some time now, and decided it would be a good idea to have two home-groups going at the same time so that people do not have to travel so far. So we have both been teaching a home group on Thursdays. I lead one, with the help of Sveta, at my apartment, and Abner leads the other one at Olga’s apartment. We have been going through the book of Revelation. It has been a blast. It is rather difficult for people, since it seems like no one is willing to touch the book here in Russia. People are really confused about prophecy and how it fits in the life of believers. But we are trucking through and people are getting it.
It is a huge blessing to see people learning more about who Jesus is. The more you can know Jesus, the closer you will become, and hopefully, the more you will love Him. I love teaching the Word, and I thank the Lord for this opportunity to minister to Him and His people. Next I would like to some who start teaching more people how to study the Bible. People need to grow in Jesus personally if they are to really become close to Jesus and walk strongly in the Spirit.
  • Please join me in praying for the group of people that gather at my apartment every Thursday, that their hearts would be open to and affected by the Lord.
  • Pray I would have the wisdom and understanding to lead the study in such that people are lead to Jesus, not just the knowledge of Him.
  • Pray that I would be able to teach people how to study the Word and raise up more strong believers and ministers.
  • Pray for the strong presence of the Lord and His Spirit during our studies.


Sveta doing a great job translating.

Abner sharing his thoughts on a day when he had to cancel his group and came over to mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment